How long have you been in business?
- We offer our clients 25 years of experience in building room additions and remodeling homes, including kitchens & bathrooms in all of Orange County.
Are you licensed and insured?
- ACS Kitchen and Bath is licensed as a General Contractor for residential and commercial remodeling projects. We carry $1,000,000 of general liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance. Additionally, all of our trade contractors are required to carry these same insurances.
Do you provide a warranty?
- ACS Kitchen and Bath provides a 4-year limited warranty on all work we perform. You will also receive various manufacturers' warranties on the products used on your job.
I have an architect or a designer that I am working with. Are we a fit for your company?
- Absolutely. Our remodeling structures provide our clients and their outside design professionals with a non-competitive design process that fulfills on your plans through your designers specifications.
What areas do you service?
- We service the entire Southern California area.
Questions About The Way We Will Work On Your Project
We know we won't be moving out during our project. What can we expect in the way of maintaining a home environment while we are a construction project?
- You can expect your home to be kept secure throughout the project and broom cleaned everyday at the end of the day. We make every attempt to limit the flow of dust to our specific work area.
Who is responsible for getting building permits and dealing with our home owners' association approval process?
- At ACS Kitchen and Bath, everything is under one roof, including building permits and home owner association approval processes, so there's no wasted time. No matter what other situations arise during a remodel project, ACS kitchen and Bath will handle them all quickly, and to your satisfaction.
Who will be in charge of my project?
- Every job at ACS Kitchen and Bath will be personally handled by one of our experienced project managers. This means that whatever your question, there's only one person you need to call.
How do I schedule a consultation with a remodeling expert?
- You can request an appointment through the website or by calling (714) 541-4441
Do you provide free consultations?
- ACS Kitchen and Bath does provide homeowners with a free consultation where your plans and wishes and often the budget ranges are also discussed.
We've heard horror stories about remodeling experiences from our friends. What assurance can you provide us that our project will not end up as one of these stories?
- We have all heard remodeling horror stories. ACS Kitchen and Bath is out to alter peoples' perceptions of home remodeling. We believe that a contractor should be judged not only on their finished product, but on their performance during the entire design and build process. Our attention to detail ensures that our clients are comfortable and involved from the start. ACS Kitchen and Baths commitment to your quality of life is just as important as our unique, award winning designs. We cater to the homeowner who values both.
What type of projects do you do?
- Our scope of work includes everything from small home improvement projects, to kitchens and baths, whole house remodels, face-lifts and additions.
Our Orange County home is our second home. Can you manage our project even though we may not be in town when it all takes place? Do you have methods of working through the design phase that works for out-of town clients?
- Absolutely. Approximately 55% of our projects are performed when our clients are out of town. We work from a detailed Scope of Work that clearly identifies our planned work. We also keep our clients informed throughout the remodel process through the use of digital photography and weekly phone calls.
During what hours can I schedule an appointment?
- ACS Kitchen and Bath schedules appointments Monday through Saturday during normal business hours.
How long does it typically take for the work on my house to begin?
- Schedules will vary. In the initial consultation we will be able to provide to you an approximate duration of your project and possible start dates.
Can you guarantee a finish date?
How long is a typical first meeting and are they held at your office or my home?
- Each consultation is based on individual needs, however, our typical initial consultations will last about two hours and they will generally be held at the home that is to be remodeled.
Will we have to move out of our home to complete our project?
- It depends on three things: the extent of the work to be performed, the size of your home and whether or not there is sufficient space to provide safety and comfort during the remodel process and lastly your tolerance for the intrusive nature of having work done within your living space. We do all that we can to manage the remodeling activities, but day to day living activities are affected.
Questions About Pricing & Budgeting
We are thinking you are going to want to know what our budget is and we just don't have any idea what remodeling costs?
- It is our experience that it is a rare day when a client knows what their envisioned remodeling may cost. What works the best are open discussions. It is safe to say that remodeling almost always costs more than you think. Early in the design process, we will provide you with a ballpark range for the work you are planning. Unknown conditions in the construction industry average an additional 10% to the client. ACS Kitchen and Baths "unknowns' are typically less than 2%.
How are the payments structured for the cost of your remodeling projects?
- We always work for a fixed price that will only be altered if there are change orders. The payment schedules vary dependent upon the amount of special order products involved in your project, but typically we collect 10% up to $1,000.00 of the contract sum at the time of signing the contract, then a deposit for materials and the balance broken down as the job progresses.
Is your price negotiable?
- After the design process is complete, clients sometimes feel that the budget required to accomplish what they have designed is higher than they are comfortable investing. This is a natural part of the process, and we work with clients to achieve a balance between their vision and possibilities. At this time we begin the development of a construction document, which includes offering suggestions in each area of the project to help bring the budget back into line. Does that mean that we lower our prices simply because we are asked to? No, it does not. Because we absolutely believe in fair and honest pricing, our pricing is commensurate with the scope of work and project details that our clients select. This is what we can promise.
Can you breakdown your price on a line by line basis?
- Purchasing a home remodel is more like buying a car than it is a trip to Costco. When you buy a car the base cost includes everything you need to operate that car at the comfort level you are willing to pay for with all of the items necessary for that car to operate included in that cost. You can select options to upgrade the vehicle and increase your cost of ownership. When we are developing our remodel projects so much of the cost to produce that project are fundamental and indispensable to the project and end up being the base price for the remodel project. If you wanted to know what the effect is of changing cabinets from oak to cherry or what could be saved if you eliminated the heated towel bar, we can detail these choices out for you.